The Music Curriculum Intention
Through the Music Curriculum we inspire children to develop a love of music and engage their talents as musicians.
Pupils should learn to:
Listen, perform, compose and evaluate music across a range of genres.
- At St Joseph’s we wanted to celebrate and rejoice in our Catholic ethos, raising the standards in singing through weekly collective worship singing assemblies.
- Music is taught through thematic topics, linking also to developing knowledge of music across historical periods.
- We build upon self-esteem and confidence through participating in local performances that often link to celebrating our town’s heritage.
- We aim to develop progression within woodwind (okarina, recorder and fife) by providing a specialist teacher (Class 2, 3 and 4 1 term each).
- We understand the importance of the arts for well-being and as such, every class, every year, plan, practise and perform a class production.