Equality and Diversity Information
At St Joseph's we aim to:
Our school aims to meet its obligations under the public sector equality duty by having due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations across all characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
Legislation and guidance
This document meets the requirements under the following legislation:
- The Equality Act 2010, which introduced the public sector equality duty and protects people from discrimination
- The Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties) Regulations 2011, which require schools to publish information to demonstrate how they are complying with the public sector equality duty and to publish equality objectives
Our policies and documents are based on Department for Education (DfE) guidance: The Equality Act 2010 and schools and comply with our funding agreement and articles of association of the Rosary Trust.
At St Joseph’s, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are, they are central to our Catholic ethos. Our commitment to these values is unwavering- we celebrate the uniqueness of all our pupils and our wider community. Pope Francis tells us: ‘Diversity is a richness!’
At St Joseph's the Governing Body is committed to our core aims and as such Mrs Sheila Davis, Foundation Governor, has responsibility for monitoring 'Diversity', holding us to account for these aims.
We also promote our work around diversity with parents and are launching a new 'Diversity' Parent's forum in September- please speak to Mrs Mulholland if you are interested in joining!