The Geography Curriculum Intention
Through the Geography Curriculum we inspire ‘curiosity and fascination’ with the world.
Pupils should learn about:
Diverse places, people, resources, natural and human environments, the earth’s key physical and human processes
- At St Joseph’s we wanted to take advantage of our excellent location and therefore fieldwork is widely incorporated into our curriculum
- Geography is taught through thematic topics but links will be made to geographical knowledge ongoing
- As a small-school with a predominately white-British intake (78%), coastal community, we additionally wanted the children to enquire- is everywhere like this?
- We make links to geography through our Smile Curriculum where ‘global learning’ is developed
- We make good links with Computing by using digital mapping software ‘Digi-maps’