RE as a pdf for you to print
Please begin our RE as we always do by making the sign of the cross on our bodies. If you have a candle to light then focus on the candle as you pray.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-T6aaRV9HY Louis Armstrong ‘What a Wonderful World’
Gloria Share together part of the Gloria. Explain that this prayer is said by the parish family during Mass on Sunday. This prayer gives praise and thanks to God.
Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to people of good will. We praise you,
We bless you, We adore you, We glorify you,
We give you thanks for your great glory.
- What do we praise God for?
- How can we praise God?
Explain that we are God’s treasure.
You can be sure that God will take even greater care of you.
Never be upset or worried.
God your Father knows all your needs and will take care of you.
(based on Luke 12: 27-28).
- How does God look after us?
- Why does God look after us?
- How does God look after YOU?
- Why do YOU feel happy?
EXT: Ask the children if there is anything they wonder about
- Who made me?
- The wonder of God’s Creation.
- Make a promise/Thanks paper chain. The children to write on lots of small strips of paper how they will care for God’s wonderful world and what they love about the treasures God gave us in the world (including us and how he loves us). Then chain all their thoughts into one long chain for God.
- Optional extension to complete the discussion questions and answer in written format.