New topic – Our wonderful world.
Begin our R.E by finding a quiet area and marking ourselves with the sign of the cross.
Explain to the children that God created the world. Share the story of creation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teu7BCZTgDs... and God said, “Indeed it is very good!”
SOME KEY QUESTIONS – Have a discussion.
- What is good?
- Why do you think God said this?
- Why do you think the world is very good?
- What could we do to make it even better?
Can you discuss how everyone shares God’s world?
SOME KEY QUESTIONS:
- Can you tell me what this means?
- What could we do to help each other to share God’s world?
CAFOD Interactive World Activity – God’s wonderful world (see cafod.org.uk/comeandsee). Children to create their own wonderful world, if you can, print it or snap shot it.
Song – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3yCcXgbKrE – Louis Armstrong – What a wonderful world.
Now to end our session by marking ourselves with the sign of the cross.