Find a quiet time and light a candle in reflecting upon: ‘Forgiveness’
Begin our RE as we always do by marking ourselves with the sign of the cross.
Father, forgiving others the way you do is hard for us humans,
But I pray you would instill your gracious ways within me
And teach me how to forgive the way you do, wholly and completely.
Look and read together God’s story of John 13:34:35
- What is Jesus’ rule?
- What will happen when you are happy together?
- Why do you like your friends?
- What makes a good friend?
- Is there anything which might break the friendship circle? (talk about the things that can make you and others unhappy introduce saying sorry)
- What will help to mend the circle?
TASK: To create a circle of friends.
Draw a number of friends holding hands together.
Above each friend write a word that is a way to be a friend. i.e forgive, share, laugh, listen
Share the song