This week to print
RE - Rules/Forgiveness Chloe and Phoebe story
Find a quiet time and light a candle in reflecting upon: ‘Forgiveness’
Begin our RE as we always do by marking ourselves with the sign of the cross.
Father, forgiving others the way you do is hard for us humans,
But I pray you would instill your gracious ways within me
And teach me how to forgive the way you do, wholly and completely.
Read through the story of Phoebe ad Chloe and answer these questions below:
- What is the difference between doing things accidentally and doing them on purpose?
- What happens when we sin, when we do bad things on purpose?
- Do you think that Chloe’s action was a sin?
- How do you think she felt?
- How would you have felt if you had been Phoebe?
- Why do you think Chloe’s Mum loved her in spite of what she had done?
- EXT - What do you think Chloe’s Mum should do?
Reflect upon the scripture where Jesus shows us all about forgiveness.
“And when they came to the place. . . there they crucified him, and the criminals, one on his right and one on his left. And Jesus said, ‘Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.’ . . . Then Jesus, calling out with a loud voice, said, ‘Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.’ And having said this he breathed his last.” Luke 23:33-34, 46
Jesus is the reason we can be forgiven and he is the reason we can forgive others. Understand that we all make mistakes and because of Jesus, we are forgiven. Because of Jesus’ example, we know how to respond to others. We love (and forgive) because he first loved (and forgave) us.